Effective date : October,15, 2018
You can contact Us :
- by email at email@example.com
- by postal mail at 75 rue Francis de Pressensé, 69 100 Villeurbanne, France
- by phone at +33 (0) 769 645 082
- the essential characteristics of the Game,
- the free nature of the Game,
2. The essential characteristics of the Game
The Game, Million Lords, is a free massively
multiplayer online video game in a persistent universe. You will fight in an
epic world of war and conquest in this real time strategy MMO.
You will be a Lord in a land of war, constantly plagued with conflict and chaos. You will play as a feline Lord (Leopard or Tiger), or a human and join the fray! You will attack the cities of other players, defend your territory against invaders, and get stronger each day.
Strategic thinking is the key to obtaining the greatest Empire of the Three Lands.
3. Your registration to the Game
3.1 Your eligibility
You shall not download or play the Game if You are under 12 years of age.
If You are between the ages of 12 and 18, You shall not download or play the Game without the agreement of your legal representative.
You also shall not download or play the Game (i) if You cannot enter into a binding contract with Us or (ii) if We have previously banned You from using the Game.
You acknowledge that if We learn that You are using the Game despite these restrictions, We can immediately delete your profile and suspend your access to the Game.
3.2 Your registration to the Game: the creation of your profile
Onto register for the Game, You have to choose a pseudo and, then, You can access and play the Game.
4. Your Data
4.1 Data processed
- data You provide us : pseudo, clan messages, support messages and data you choose to give us (for instance to identify a lost account);
- data we collect automatically from our partners, such as Facebook, Android Google Play and Apple App Store identifiers;
- data You create in the Game about your Game progress, your gameplay and your interactions with other players;
- data collected automatically by our partners that we can consult such as IDFA identifier, mobile device name, mobile device OS, location data, payment information (i.e. bank account).
We also create a specific ID to identify you in our database.
You acknowledge and accept that the following
data will be accessible to all players: pseudo, clan messages and some data
about your game progress. On the contrary, all other data (and especially
e-mail address) will only be accessible to Million Victories and its
The aforementioned data are essential for the use of the Game. If these data are not provided, You cannot create your pseudo/profile and play the Game.
4.2. Purpose of collecting Personal Data
The Personal Data collected will be used by Million Victories to :
- allow you to play our Game;
- improve the players experience;
- keep the Game safe and fair;
- show advertisements in the Game;
- analyze, profile and segment collected data.
4.3 Accessibility of Personal Data
You acknowledge and accept that your data will be accessible to others in the following situations :
- other players will see your pseudo, some Game results and the messages you posted (clan messages);
- Million Victories works with partners and these partners process your data at and according to Million Victories’s instructions to provide some services such as hosting, analytics.
4.4 Protection of Personal Data
You undertake to provide accurate and up-to-date information and to inform Million Victories without delay of any changes by sending the information concerned by this change to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data are processed and are stored by Million Victories for a period no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed, beyond the period strictly necessary for the management of our relationship. In this respect, your data are processed for the duration of our relationship. In this regard you are informed that your personal data will be deleted within two (2) years without any activity on your account, without prejudice to conservation obligations or limitation periods.
The Personal Data are not transferred to third
parties for advertising and promotional purposes without your prior consent.
Nevertheless you are informed that we can show advertisement in the game at
your demand. Certain Personal Data may be transferred to third country
considered as offering an inappropriate level of protection, when necessary
because the Game is global by nature. We take steps to ensure adequate
safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in these Terms of
Use. Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard
contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield
certification in case of transfers to the USA, available on the Privacy
Shield Framework website (https://www.privacyshield.gov). In this regard,
you are informed that we may transfer personal data to Germany, Western
europe and US as part of our relationship with our partners that save the
data you provide to us and that track our support reports.
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, We are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
4.5 Your rights
You have a permanent right of access, rectification, opposition, erasure, restriction and portability to all your personal data, in accordance with applicable European laws and French law. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL or any other competent supervisory authority. You may at any time make a request to Million Victories to find out what are the personal data stored about You by Million Victories and, upon request, You may modify these data by sending an e-mail to the Data Protection Officer of Million Victories to the following address: email@example.com; or a letter to the following address : Million Victories SAS, 75, rue Francis de Pressensé, 69 100 Villeurbanne, France.
5. Your access to the Game: limited license grant
In general, and without this list being considered as exhaustive, You shall:
- not reproduce, copy, transfer, transmit, summarize, integrate, alter, modify, move, remove, replace or rebroadcast, without the prior written authorization of Million Victories, in any way whatsoever, the Game and/or the content of the Game;
- not sell, rent, sublicense or otherwise distribute the Game;
- not merge all or part of the Game into other mobile application or create derivative works from the Game;
- not adapt the Game, compile, decompile, disassemble, translate, analyze, reverse engineer or perform any other operation intended to access all or part of the source code of the Game or attempt to do so, except as permitted by law;
- not extract or reuse, including for private purposes, without the prior written permission of Million Victories, a substantial or not substantial part of the databases and archives contents created by the Game;
- not let, directly or indirectly, by advice, help or assistance, any third party to carry out any of these acts or to infringe any of the intellectual property rights of Million Victories;
- notify Million Victories as soon as it becomes aware of any hacking or illegal or improper use of the Game.
Furthermore, You shall not correct by yourself any anomaly or malfunction of the Game of any nature whatsoever, Million Victories reserving this right. Million Victories does not release to You the source codes of the Game, which remain the exclusive property of Million Victories.
6. Your Interactions with Other Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other players with whom You interact through the Game. You will fully cooperate with Us to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including without limitation granting Million Victories access to any portion of your profile.
If You have a dispute with one or more users, or any other interaction You believe may give rise to any claim, the dispute could go before the arbitration committee (as described in article 9.2) if a violation of the Code of conduct is alleged.
7. The In-Game Bonuses
You acknowledge that You have downloaded the Game for free, and while there is additional content available for purchase within the Game (“In-Game Bonuses”), such purchase of In-Game Bonuses are entirely voluntary and not required to participate in or advance within the Game.
You have the possibility to buy In-Game Bonuses with virtual currency in the Game. Virtual currency can be bought by You with real currency on Android or iOS mobile application platform or won in the Game by watching advertisements.
The prices of pack of virtual currency are provided in the Game. The prices are provided in local currency, including VAT. These prices are firm and non-revisable. The payment requested from You is the total amount of the purchase, including fees.
You acknowledge your obligation to pay when ordering pack of virtual currency on the Game.
In this regard, We invite You to consult the terms and conditions applicable according to your download platform (Android or iOS mobile application platform).
Subscription made on iOS devices can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will be not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
8.Your Right of withdrawal
Considering that the Game is a mobile application, which means a digital content not provided on a material support and available before the limit of fourteen (14) days, You are informed, acknowledge and accept, in accordance with the provisions of Article L. 121-21-8 13° of the French Consumer Code, that You will not have any right of withdrawal.
Article L. 121-21-8 13 ° of the Consumer Code:
The right of withdrawal cannot be exercised for contracts:
13 ° of supply of digital content not provided on a material support, the performance of which has begun after the express prior consent of the consumer and after the express waiver of his right of withdrawal.
In any case, You can uninstall the Game, in accordance with the provisions set out below (cf. Article 11).
9. The Code of conduct
9.1 Prohibited use
- use or attempt to use the Game for purposes other than those for which it is intended, including but not limited to commercial advertisement or solicitation (such as chain letters, junk e-mail, “spam,” or other repetitive messages), or gathering or transferring In-Game Bonuses for sale;
- infringe, or attempt to infringe, directly or indirectly, the reputation or image of Million Victories, the Game, all of its contents, and generally the rights owned by Million Victories, in any way;
- disrupt or attempt to disrupt the Game or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Game;
- harass, threaten or bully any other player (including “swatting” practices), nor post or submit any illegal content including but not limited to any abusive, threatening, bullying, harassing, obscene, defamatory, offensive, pornographic or illegal content, or content that infringes or violates the rights of someone else, or impersonate any other person;
- advocate, promote, encourage, or otherwise facilitate any illegal behavior, including but not limited to the use of illegal drugs, unlawful gambling or theft;
- create more than one profile by person;
- create “feed” profiles in order to favor other players (For the sake of clarity, a “feed” profile is a profile not used by its owner solely in order to win the Game but used to take actions to feed or favor other players within the Game);
- attempt to obtain login information or access another player’s profile, collect or harvest personal information from other users, or access to networks from which portions of the Game are provided, including by circumventing or bypassing robot exclusion headers or security mechanisms for the Game;
- exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any Game error, miscue or bug which provides for an unintended advantage or allows impersonation of another person, including by use of automated collection mechanisms such as clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), cookies, or similar technology;
- exploit differences in pricing for In-Game Bonuses by sending altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including but not limited to, by use of a proxy or spoofed IP addresses or VPNs, or by requesting that someone else purchase In-Game Bonuses on your behalf in order to take advantage of a difference in pricing;
- use or design cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized software designed to modify or interfere with the Game experience;
- use any service or software that accesses, intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from the Game or that is in transit from or to the Game;
- make any automated use of the Game, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable overload on our server;
- use any software, technology, or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider, or crawl the Game, or harvest or manipulate data from the Game;
- improperly use our support services, including by submitting false reports;
- use any kind of doping substances to enhance its performance;
- not let, directly or indirectly, by advice, help or assistance, any third party to carry out any of these acts or to infringe any of the intellectual property rights of Million Victories.
In general, You shall not, in any way, be or attempt to be the author and / or accomplice of a positive act or omission likely to cause or causing harm of any kind to Million Victories and / or any third party.
9.2 Arbitration committee
An arbitration committee will be set up in order to sanction the behavior violating the code of conduct. These sanctions could be a penalty in the score or a banishment from using the Game.
10. Your Health
You may take the following precautions when You use the Game :
- avoid playing if You are tired or if You are lacking sleep;
- make sure You play in a well-lit room by adjusting the brightness of your display;
- if You connect the Game to a screen, sit a good distance away from the screen, as far away as the length of the connection cable allows it;
- during the course of playing, make sure You take breaks of ten to fifteen minutes every hour.
10.2 Epilepsy warning
Some people are susceptible to epileptic seizures including sometimes loss of consciousness particularly when viewing certain types of blinking lights or other stimuli commonly found in our everyday environment: fast succession of pictures or repetition of simple geometrical figures, flashes of lightning or explosions.
These people are at risk of having a seizure when they play certain video games including these stimulations, even in persons with no medical history of epilepsy and who have never had an epileptic seizure. If You or a member of your family has ever shown symptoms related to epilepsy (seizure or loss of consciousness) in the presence of illuminated stimuli, consult your doctor before use. We advise parents to provide supervision when their children play Games. Stop playing and consult a doctor immediately if You or your child experience any of the following symptoms: dizziness, vision problems, eye or muscle spasms, loss of consciousness, disorientation, involuntary movement or convulsion.
They remain in effect as long as You use and play the Game.
11.2. You may quit the Game at any time, for any reason or no reason, by uninstalling the Game.
You may also close your profile and terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason or no reason, by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon such exclusion from the Game, You shall immediately cease to use and play the Game and You agree to no longer access (or attempt to access) the Game.
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, any Use of the Game is at your own risk and You acknowledge and agree that the Game is provided for use “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Million Victories makes its best efforts to give You an access to the Game 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
However, You acknowledge and accept that the Game may not be available in case of:
- force majeure, as defined in Article 13 hereof;
- unavailability due to planned or unplanned maintenance by Million Victories on the Game;
- unavailability due to a malfunction of mobile and/or internet network coverage, for which Million Victories cannot be held responsible;
- unavailability generally due to any technical incident, of any nature whatsoever, not due to Million Victories, that may occur and prevent your access to the Game and / or the one of its features.
Million Victories cannot guarantee that the Game will operate continuously and without errors, or that access to the Game will be guaranteed, in the following cases:
- misapplication of the Game due to improper equipment;
- malfunctions attributable to the internet service provider of the user;
- congestion of the internet network.
Million Victories reserves the right to interrupt the access to the Game to perform a maintenance or improvement technical intervention to ensure the proper functioning of the Game. Interruptions of the access to the Game caused by a force majeure event as defined in Article 13 and/or related to maintenance cannot give rise to any compensation.
13. Force majeure
from time to time by notifying You of changes through the Game. These
modifications will only be connected to technical evolutions of the Game and
will not result in any increase of price nor affect the quality of the Game.
Unless We state otherwise, such modifications are effective when You accept them by ticking the box provided for that purpose.
15. Dispute Resolution and Applicable Law
If a dispute arises between You and Million Victories, We strongly encourage You to first contact Us by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com, or to seek a satisfactory solution by going to our customer support site at https://millionvictories.com.
In accordance with Articles L. 611-1 and following of the French Consumer Code, in the event of a dispute, You may have recourse to a contractual mediation procedure or any other alternative dispute resolution method.
You are also hereby informed of the existence of the European online dispute resolution platform.
You and Million Victories agree that should any provision be held invalid or declared invalid pursuant to a law or regulation or pursuant to a final and non-appealable decision by a court with jurisdiction, the remaining provisions hereof shall retain their effectiveness and scope, if the contractual balance is kept between the Parties
16.3 Entire Agreement
16.4 No Waiver
The failure by You or Us to enforce any
shall not be construed as constituting a waiver of its rights